The Beatitudes (Psalm 1:1–6; Luke 6:20–23) “Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted. Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth. Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled. Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy. Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God. Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God. Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven; for in the same way they persecuted the prophets before you.
Transcript of President Trump’s speech will be uploaded as soon as it is published.
President Donald J. Trump Has Brokered a Historic Deal Between Israel and the Kingdom of Bahrain
SECURING ANOTHER HISTORIC AGREEMENT: President Donald J. Trump has brokered a deal to establish full diplomatic relations between Bahrain and Israel – the second such agreement between Israel and an Arab nation in less than one month.
- Israel and Bahrain have committed to begin the exchange of embassies and ambassadors, start direct flights between their countries, and launch cooperation initiatives across a broad range of sectors.
- This peace deal is a significant step forward for both Israel and Bahrain.
- It further enhances their security while creating opportunities for them to deepen their economic ties.
- This deal comes on the heels of the historic normalization agreement between Israel and the United Arab Emirates.
- The United Arab Emirates and Bahrain are the first Arab nations to normalize relations with Israel in more than 25 years.
- The United States will continue to support the people of Bahrain as they work to counter terrorism and extremism, develop economically, and build new peaceful partnerships across the region.
- When President Trump took office, the Middle East was in a state of extreme turmoil.
- President Trump has worked to rebuild trust with our regional partners and identify their shared interests, moving them away from the conflicts of the past.
- Thanks to the President’s bold foreign policy vision and his acumen as a dealmaker, nations across the region are realizing the benefits of his thoughtful approach.
- As the President’s work continues, more Arab and Muslim countries will likely seek to normalize relations with Israel.
- Each country that normalizes relations will build upon the other, bringing peace and prosperity to the region and the people who live there.
- Thanks to President Trump’s leadership, the Arab world is experiencing the most rapid geopolitical transformation in more than a generation.
- As more countries normalize relations with Israel, the region is becoming more stable, secure, and prosperous.
- Expanded business and financial ties between economies will accelerate growth and economic opportunity across the region.
- Agreements with Bahrain and the United Arab Emirates also help to advance President Trump’s vision for finding a fair and lasting peace between Israel and the Palestinians.
- The United States will continue to stand with the people of the region as they work to build a brighter, more hopeful future.
- Source: The White House